Thursday, May 13, 2010

Graduation card, blog hop and a sketch from Friday Sketchers!!!

Hello everyone!!!
Well, here I am with my newest card :D
This one is made for my oldest and dearest friend of all, Jónína.
Her brother is gratuating soon as a carpenter (not finished with the workpart though, only school) and she asked me to make a card for him.
This card is made with the Friday Skechers sketch 101
That sketch was designed my dear Jacque and of course I had to participate!!!
This is a Magnolia image, Edwin with a balloon, papers are from Bazzill, Shabby princess and DCWV.
I also used my new Nestabilities classic oval circle and classic scalloped circle. I gave myself those two Nestabilities sets as a birthday present because I'm turning 30 on Sunday, May 16th!!! :O


Since the boy is graduating as a carpenter, I wanted to have some screws on the card because I felt it needed a connection to his gratuation. I tried to find a Magnolia Edwin which had a hammer in his hand, but didn't find one... So, this was the best thing I could do. The screws are from Tim Holtz (the small ones) and I think the large ones are from Making Memories.



Here is a close-up of the Nestabilities and Edwin. I desided to follow my favorite cardmakers advise, Jacque, to round the edges of the image a little bit for a dimension. This became so cute!!! I surely recommend it to anyone :D




The layer under the image and the Nestabilities are on 3D cusions for more dimensions.

I hope you liked my card. And I would love a comment or two and some more followers ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment